[Talk-transit] Status on Public Service Vehicle (PSV) vs busway scheme for bus lanes

Victor Ramirez vramirez122000 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 21:36:31 UTC 2014

I've known about the busway=opposite_lane tag for a year or two and used it. The bus lanes wiki page mentions a broader alternative, the PSV scheme. For a bus routing application, we need to know which scheme to support. Busway is probably more widely used, so it makes sense to support it for compatibility reasons. Nevertheless, the buses talk page argues against busway while referring to the approved Public Transport Schema. Public Transport Schema does not seem to include tagging for exclusive bus lanes. I also have no data on whether if anybody is adopting the PSV scheme for buses. Would somebody like to chime in on the matter?