[Talk-transit] different interpretations of v2 PT scheme

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:54:12 UTC 2015

What I'm doing comes down to mapping the poles. stop_positions could be
shared for stops that are exactly across one another.

I guess there is no choice but to rewrite the script(s) in order to cope
with all variations of possible ways to map. Or else simply give up on it
and move on. Not sure which I will choose.

It would be nicer if we were able to come up with a totally consistent
version 3 of mapping PT, but what I see, is we're moving in different
directions. What is logical to me, apparently isn't for the rest of the
world. What I do know is that I'm not going to be spending the next 2 years
to make sure all the stop_positions (50000 for a small country) are
present. They're simply not important enough for that. I add them here and
there and consistently for the terminal stops.

What I want to focus on at the moment is to get all the itineraries in ,
the routes and their variations. To me that seems like a better use of my
time.

Polyglot