[Talk-transit] validator rule for public_transport=platform

Thu May 7 09:18:07 UTC 2015

Hi

On 2015-05-07 10:13, Jo wrote:

> I'm getting messages from the validator claiming
> public_transport=platform
> can only be used on way or closed_way. This is not true. It can be used
> perfectly well on nodes. In that case the node represents the position
> of
> the pole.

A platform is not a pole...

> I just checked it on the wiki.

The public transport schema has a lot of history, I don't know if I want
to trust the wiki on that.

> highway=bus_stop
> public_transport=platform
> bus=yes

I would rather drop the public_transport=platform for poles. I agree
that "highway" is misleading. But do we really need to additionally
explain that a platfrom is a pole?

Kind regards
Michael