[Talk-transit] Tag railway=station on ways and Wiki

Thu May 19 10:18:42 UTC 2016

Mauro Constantini wrote:
> Two hours later someone edited [4] the wiki page removing the
> difference between a station and a halt, writing that the difference
> is only in German speaking countries (of course it's false: English
> has station/halt, Italian has stazione/fermata, French has
> gare/halte, ...) That sounds like vandalism for me. (He decided we
> shouldn't map reality?)

Your message is gratuitously offensive and based on a misreading.

I did _not_ remove the difference between a station and a halt.

I stated that the particular rationale used to differentiate between a
station and a halt in German-speaking countries, in which the presence
of points is the determining factor, was not necessarily the rationale
used in other countries.

I would appreciate an apology for the accusation of vandalism and for
the sarcastic comment about not mapping reality.

Richard