[Talk-transit] Naming concepts

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Mon Oct 31 18:05:45 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-31 11:46, Roger Slevin wrote:
> The term "LINE" is as awkward for me as it is for everyone else ...
> because it is describing something which in everyday language has many
> approximate synonyms.  But in the comprehensive European Transmodel
> (public transport reference data model) standard LINE is defined
> precisely to give an unambiguous meaning - and that then leaves ROUTE
> and other terms to have their own unambiguous meanings.

For those not familiar with Transmodel, can you either explain what its
terms are for the concepts in question and/or point us to resources that
do?

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS                                             --Isaac Asimov