[Talk-transit] Uploading public transport data on OSM

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Jan 16 14:30:09 UTC 2018

On 1/16/2018 7:37 AM, Yash Ganthe wrote:
> What caught my attention is a project called Go Sync
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GO-Sync
> The description indicates that it is for syncing GTFS with OSM. But I am
> not sure what type of account is needed for that.

  From what I recall, Go-Sync only synchronizes stops but not the GTFS
route paths with OSM route relations.

  The routing samples on the OpenStreetMap web site will not
automatically give public transport trip routing because the full GTFS
schedule information is not in OSM.   It would require a separate local
site such as OpenTripPlanner which automatically combines full GTFS with
OSM data.   There are some companies providing large scale instances of
OpenTripPlanner which may cover your area.