[Talk-transit] Suggesting a revert and protection of wikipage Proposed_features/Public_Transport

User 30303020 user_30303020 at e.mail.de
Fri May 25 12:35:36 UTC 2018

Dear subscribers,
   I would like to suggest to revert and protect the wikipage Proposed_features/Public_Transport to the verson of April 21. 2010 (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Proposed_features/Public_Transport font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">I would like to briefly outline the reasons for this suggestion:

 	*  This page is the only one which contains the original PTv2-proposal.

	*  This page does not have any content that changes over time as the proposal was approved years ago.
 	*  If someone would like to read the original proposal (like a newbie), this would be the first source (increased reliability).
 	*  There were editing wars on this page making it difficult to reconstruct which changes were reverted (157 changes after the voting ended).
 	*  Linking to a certain section for referencing would be safe as one could write "according to PTv2 Section Route_master relations ..." and know that this still stands on there and was not changed to reflect current tagging practices or for some different reason.

  I am open for a discussion and interested in your opinion.  You may also find a pretty identical text on the talk page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Public_Transport#Reason_of_a_proposal_page_.7C_Proposal_to_reverting_and_protecting_the_page. However, there are no replies yet.
   Cheers and happy mapping 30303020