[Talk-transit] [Tagging] Public Transport Timetables

Tony Shield tony.shield999 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:40:04 UTC 2018

Hi

I like the approximation idea as part of the route relations. I think
that moving to typical examples and making sure that the proposal works
will be good. In these examples I am reflecting some of the services in
my local area which I think is easily usable for all my local services -
clearly others may have different patterns. I think that adding peak
services may be too much. Detailed timings will need to be researched
from other sources.

Ex1 - Mo-Sa 0530 - 1900 6 per hour, 1900 - 2330 2 per hour; Su 0600-2300
2 per hour

Ex2 - Mo-Fr 2 per day outbound and 3 per day on the return.

Ex3 - Tu, Th 1 per day

Having a 2nd version with much more detail makes a lot of sense. I think
it is not too urgent as its a large amount of work and data to prepare,
it must be correct so as to allow routing and timetable apps to use the
data - I think that this much data is not human-readable.
I too have doubts about creation and maintainability of this version and
perhaps more importantly whether it will be of use to people.
Tony