[Talk-transit] identifier in ref:xOperatorx=y0yyyy to url=http://mijnlijn.be/y0yyyy

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 09:51:56 UTC 2018

Our bus stops in Flanders have unique identifiers visible to the public on
the flags of the stop poles.

I started by entering those in the ref tag, then later decided to use
ref:De_Lijn=y0yyyy, as some of those stops are served by other operators as
well.

For several years now itt's possible to obtain real-time information about
the buses on a url+identifier, so I want to add that to those stops. As i
don't like to duplicate information I'd prefer to drop the ref:De_Lijn
though.

So all of those stops would have:
url=http://mijnlijn.be/303079    (<- you can test this, the url is
expanded/translated to a url on www.delijn.be)

For the conversion, I'd like to launch a Belgian "Project of the month", so
the position of the stops can be verified once more by locals, but also
shelters and bus_bays can be added and if cycle ways split off to go around
those bus bays, that detail can be added as well.

I know that that is what we have been doing for the past 5+ years, but now
it would get some more dedicated focus.

For several years I thought having the identifier n a dedicated ref:X tag
and then telling everyone about how to turn it into such a url was the way
to go,. That doesn't actually work though. Nobody knows how to get from the
identifer to the url. Giving potential passengers a url they can simply
click through on, seems to be the better way of doing this for this use
case.

Polyglot