[Talk-transit] [OSM-talk-be] identifier in ref:xOperatorx=y0yyyy to url=http://mijnlijn.be/y0yyyy

Pieter Colpaert pieter at openknowledge.be
Sun Nov 18 10:17:49 UTC 2018

Hi Polyglot,

We are in a Linked Data project with De Lijn and we’re going to have
official persistent identifiers (HTTP URIs) soon for stops (but also for
things like the routes and zones). It might be interesting to integrate
these in OSM rather than the mijnlijn.be one?

 From the moment we have an official URI strategy, I will get back to
this list in each case.

Kind regards,

Pieter

On 18/11/18 11:10, Jakka wrote:
> Using key as "url=" not comming in conflict with already other keys
> that use short key url ?
>
> Op 18/11/2018 om 10:51 schreef Jo:
>> Our bus stops in Flanders have unique identifiers visible to the public
>> on the flags of the stop poles.
>>
>> I started by entering those in the ref tag, then later decided to use
>> ref:De_Lijn=y0yyyy, as some of those stops are served by other operators
>> as well.
>>
>> For several years now itt's possible to obtain real-time information
>> about the buses on a url+identifier, so I want to add that to those
>> stops. As i don't like to duplicate information I'd prefer to drop the
>> ref:De_Lijn though.
>>
>> So all of those stops would have:
>> url=http://mijnlijn.be/303079    (<- you can test this, the url is
>> expanded/translated to a url on www.delijn.be <http://www.delijn.be>)
>>
>> For the conversion, I'd like to launch a Belgian "Project of the month",
>> so the position of the stops can be verified once more by locals, but
>> also shelters and bus_bays can be added and if cycle ways split off to
>> go around those bus bays, that detail can be added as well.
>>
>> I know that that is what we have been doing for the past 5+ years, but
>> now it would get some more dedicated focus.
>>
>> For several years I thought having the identifier n a dedicated ref:X
>> tag and then telling everyone about how to turn it into such a url was
>> the way to go,. That doesn't actually work though. Nobody knows how to
>> get from the identifer to the url. Giving potential passengers a url
>> they can simply click through on, seems to be the better way of doing
>> this for this use case.
>>
>> Polyglot

+32486747122