[Talk-transit] Bus Service - Route - end of life

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:07:47 UTC 2018

Hi Tony!

There is an end_date=* key [1] (as well as start_date=* [2]), but as
mentioned on the wiki, it should only be used in combination with a
lifecycle prefix [3] -- which would likely be disused:route=bus in
this case -- as data users won't understand it otherwise.

[1]: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:end_date
[2]: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:start_date
[3]: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lifecycle_prefix

However, i would simply delete the route relation because i can't see
any utility of having a route relation in the database that is no
longer operated. (Though others might disagree.)

Regards

Markus