Snusmumriken snusmumriken.mapper at runbox.com
Sat Apr 27 12:29:19 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-04-26 at 17:10 +0200, Markus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've added, updated and corrected several dozen public transportation
> routes in the past few years using the PTv2 scheme. As is the case
> with most route relations, they often break (e.g., because the course
> of a road or rails is modified, a new roundabout is built, a stop is
> displaced or simply by accident). However, with all the
> stop_positions
> and stop_areas, maintaining these routes and stops is very much
> time-consuming.
>
> There have been several ideas to simplify and improve public
> transportation mapping (e.g. [1] or [2]), however they either faced
> too much opposition or are inactive. Therefore I've worked out three
> different drafts for an improved public transportation scheme and
> would like your opinion. After that, i plan to write a full proposal
> for the option that got the most support.

Somehow I think that it is too late to define one schema that would
rule the world. Too much has already been mapped for it to be redone.
But I might be wrong. I also share your observation that PTv2 is way
too complex.

For what it is worth I might point you to have a look at how things are
mapped in Stockholm metropolitan region. It is our version of a
simplified PTv2. Unfortunately there isn't any English language
definition of it. But I hope an example is self explanatory enough

Stockholm Public Transport Agency also uses OSM
https://sl.se/en