[Talk-transit] Ideas for a simplified public transportation scheme

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 12:45:20 UTC 2019

I'm a little unclear about the advantage of using something other than
highway=bus_stop.  Ottawa has a fairly large number of bus stops currently
tagged and mapped.  They get reported from an open data source every few
years.  There are people who hold the view that they should all be mapped
individually but the import does give us all the stops together with their
reference numbers.

In theory just dropping in the reference numbers should give us the
relationship for a route.

Thoughts?

Thanks John