[Talk-transit] Line colour, text colour and background colour

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Mon Apr 29 14:58:32 UTC 2019

The route and route_master relations have a documented "colour" key that
can be used.  However, that seems to be intended for the line itself,
and I'm not aware of any renderer that uses it.  If they did, they'd
probably use it for the label background too.

Relation:destination_sign has attributes colour:back and colour:text, so
it makes sense to reuse those here, but if renderers aren't even using
colour for the line/label today, I wouldn't count on them doing anything
special with the text either.

On 2019-04-27 06:03, Héctor Ochoa wrote:

> Hi,
> Yesterday Zaragoza City Council unveiled its new bus network design. It gives each line a distinct text and background colour, as seen here:
> https://i2.wp.com/detalier.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/autobuses-urbanos-zaragoza-detalier-9.jpg
> https://i2.wp.com/detalier.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/autobuses-urbanos-zaragoza-detalier-8.jpg
>
> I am asking if https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ref:colour could be adapted to use it in public transport routes, or something similar that complements https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:colour
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Héctor

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS                                             --Isaac Asimov