Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 30 11:06:20 UTC 2019

On 29/04/2019 16:22, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> Stop areas are supposed to link stop positions to platforms, so a
> router knows which platform you need to take a route that only stops
> on a particular track.  In most cases, this can be inferred by
> proximity, but in some it can't, particularly at very complex stations.

If there needs to be a 'link' (& I'm still not convinced it does), can
it not be achieved with unifying tags on nodes/ways? Why does it require
a relation?

Relations were devised to allow items which couldn't be achieved on
nodes/ways alone (ie routes) not to collect things together. If it can
be done without relations it makes tagging so much simpler & less prone
to errors.

Cheers
DaveF