[Talk-transit] New Key "Departures"

Leif Rasmussen 354lbr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 00:49:08 UTC 2019

The new key "interval" for adding the departure times interval of a public
transport route was recently approved after two weeks of voting.
I have created a new wiki page to document this key:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:interval

Full schedule information, however, is still impossible.  I originally
proposed using "timetable relations" to add full schedule information to
routes.  I have since realized that this would be a disaster just waiting
to happen.
I have now simplified the proposal to be easier to add and maintain, while
still keeping most of the same information in the database.

The key "departures" is my solution to keeping timetables simple and easy
to maintain.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Public_transport_schedules/Departures

I would love feedback to help make this proposal work for everyone.  I
know that for many bus routes, it would be impossibly difficult to add (and
maintain) full schedule information.  Those routes should therefore only
include the tag "interval".  Others, however, including many ferry routes,
would be very easy to add schedule information to.

Thanks,
Leif Rasmussen