[Talk-transit] Defining service on railway=tram

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Sun Mar 10 20:36:13 UTC 2019

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 at 11:33, Jarek PiĆ³rkowski <jarek at piorkowski.ca> wrote:
> In tram systems, some of the tracks might not be used regularly for
> passenger service. Some might be garage or work area tracks, and
> others might be used only for detours or emergency service.
> Please see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Jarek_Pi%C3%B3rkowski/Key:service
> for the suggested addition and
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-January/042313.html
> for more background including a survey of existing tagging.

Hello,

In the spirit of being bold and keeping things relatively
uncomplicated, I have changed Key:service to add suggested
interpretations of railway service values for tram tracks:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:service&diff=prev&oldid=1820049

Please feel free to revert this change if you strongly disagree, and
comment if you have ideas.

Thanks,
--Jarek