[Talk-transit] Line colour, text colour and background colour

Mon May 6 20:14:26 UTC 2019

On 29-04-19 16:58, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> The route and route_master relations have a documented "colour" key that
> can be used.  However, that seems to be intended for the line itself,
> and I'm not aware of any renderer that uses it.  If they did, they'd
> probably use it for the label background too.
>
> Relation:destination_sign has attributes colour:back and colour:text, so
> it makes sense to reuse those here, but if renderers aren't even using
> colour for the line/label today, I wouldn't count on them doing anything
> special with the text either.

OSMand (openstreetmap for Android) does render colour for subway lines,
and it renders de coulours in line labels for bus lines.

For e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/297293I have used
colour=#0000ff (both in the route and route_master) and it renders good
on OSMand.

Keeping in line with other tagging schemes I would use "Colour" for the
colour of the line (on maps etc), ref:colour for the colour of the text,
and if necessary: ref:colour_tx for reference text colour and
ref_colour_bg for reference background colour as per
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ref:colour>

(In your example I can see e.g. the 22/34/40 being Lime/Blue/Bordeaux as
"colour", having white as colour:ref, but N1, N2, N7 would have green,
pink, yellow as colour, having those as colour:ref as well, but black as
colour_bg.

I have no idea what the line colour of the TR line will be though.
Black? White? :-)