Snusmumriken snusmumriken.mapper at runbox.com
Tue May 7 11:19:07 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-05-06 at 13:53 -0500, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> On 2019-05-03 12:09, Dave F via Talk-transit wrote:
> > On 30/04/2019 18:34, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> > > A platform is where people wait to board; if they stand at a
> > > pole
> > > (typical for buses), then the pole is logically the platform.
> >
> > This reinforces my point about misappropriation of tags. A platform
> > is
> > a physical construction higher than the surrounding ground to allow
> > easier boarding.
>
> It's a logical platform whether it physically exists or not.  It's
> pretty well established that using a platform node for a mere pole
> is valid.  People wait there to be picked up, regardless of the
> actual surface type (which can change over time anyway).

I think you are mistaken here. The logical entity here is the 'bus
stop', what ever its physical manifestation. English is not my native
language but I don't think one would ever construct a sentence like
"Let's meet at the Main street platform" when you were meaning "Let's
meet at the Main street bus stop".

I don't think a logical platform makes any sense in the context of
public transport.