Wed May 8 19:56:35 UTC 2019

On 28-04-19 16:27, Jarek PiĆ³rkowski wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 at 10:04, Markus <selfishseahorse at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Tram stops often have platforms (and bus stops sometimes too). For
>> such stops, two PTv1 elements are necessary because railway=tram_stop
>> can't be used on the same area (or way) as railway=platform (they use
>> the same key). With a new tag for stops (such as the suggested
>> public_transport=stop tag) or a new tag for platforms, this were
>> possible. However, much retagging were needed. Alternatively,
>> railway=tram_stop (or highway=bus_stop) could be placed on the
>> platform area (first suggested solution).
>
> In some cases I've seen (https://osm.org/way/395511322 comes to mind),
> the duplicate tagging when platforms are present is handled by having
> hw=bus_stop tag on one of the nodes of the platform way, and then the
> platform way has hw=platform (pt=platform in this case but it would
> work with hw=platform as well). That helps to compute "these are part
> of one logical stop" without needing a relation.

I never understood the whole railway=platform discussion.
IHMO hw=bus_stop, hw=platform and rw=platform should die, and all be
replaced by public_transport=platform (but for widespread acceptance,
rendering on openstreetmap.org standard and public_transport layers, for
node/way/areas should exist).

I have updated entire public transport concessions with almost all stops
having a platform way or area. In places where I did make something
_new_, I didn't include highway=bus_stop and deleted the old one, under
the "don't tag for the renderer" idea, and everything works fine on my
preferred renderer (osmand)

IIVQ