Mon May 13 06:36:26 UTC 2019

On 13-05-19 00:14, Jo wrote:
> I like to keep things simple, the best way to accomplish that, is by
> having a single object for each stop that holds all the details for its
> "lifetime". That's why I don't like the idea of 'upgrading from a node
> to a way/area or a relation.

I don't agree with you on that point. With that view we can't change
things in OSM anymore to a more precise mapping.

IMHO it shouldn't be the internal OSM database ID that makes something a
"logical object", but the ref on that object.
Say you're transitioning from a node to a way for a bus stop, simply
copy the relevant tags from that node to the way.