[Talk-transit] Ideas for a simplified public transportation scheme

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon May 13 15:14:44 UTC 2019

On Monday, 13 May 2019, Dave F via Talk-transit wrote:

> On 12/05/2019 23:14, Jo wrote:
> > About the stop_area relations, they're not needed everywhere, but they
> > could be used to show what belongs together. Of course, that would mean all
> > the objects related to the stop at one side of the street, not both sides.
>
> Why items "belong together"?
> Does a router need to know there's a shelter, benches, litter bind etc?

I can see that when its raining I may want the router to direct me to a stop with a shelter rather than stand in the rain. Shelters tend to have lean on seating.

Otherwise benches and bins may be nearby but they are not exclusively associated with buses. A bin is not provided by a bus company and is not fir the exclusive use of bus passengers.

Phil (trigpoint)

--
Sent from my Sailfish device