[Talk-transit] Ideas for a simplified public transportation scheme

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue May 14 09:53:47 UTC 2019

On 13/05/2019 19:01, Jarek PiĆ³rkowski wrote:
> On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 11:49, Dave F via Talk-transit
> <talk-transit at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>> If Philip really wants a router to tell him where the nearest
>> shelter (surely you can just look around you),
> You're joking?!
No, I'm not. Another reason PT has got itself into such a mess is the
mission-creep that's occurred since its inception: The desperation to
collect ever increasingly extraneous items into the schema, such as
Phillips.

There needs to be a 'back to basics' cull of tags & relation collections
of tags. Ask what's required to transport a person from A (via C) to B.

> exact locations of shelters,in particular of bus stop shelters, could be very useful for those with visual disability (e.g. severe shortsightedness).

And if they're mapped they can be found, but there's no reason to bind
them into a PT relation.

DaveF