Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:27:58 UTC 2019

On Tue, 14 May 2019 at 12:31, Dave F via Talk-transit
<talk-transit at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> 1) highway=bus_stop is a physical object. In OSM we map physical
> objects. To clarify - What do you mean by 'logical'?

While stops (and stations, too) can be observed (PT vehicles stop
there), they aren't physical objects. Physical objects are platforms,
poles, shelters or road markings. They can usually be found at a stop
or station, but don't have to.

> 2) Why to they need to be "mapped on the same area"? They are separate
> entities. Objects close to each other can be easily found as OSM is
> geospatially aware.

They don't need to be mapped on the same area, but it were easier
(just one object). And if there is a real platform, it is the waiting
area of the stop.

Regards

Markus