[Talk-transit] Ideas for a simplified public transportation scheme

DC Viennablog emergency99 at outlook.com
Tue May 14 13:48:56 UTC 2019

@Polyglot:
I do think you are thinking to much of software that uses the date rather than of the mappers and the database. For both of those, it is better to habe less objects to contend with (mapper) and less objects with potentially redundant values/positions (database). The fact that maybe a router or the api has to calculate a possible middle of a platform polygon should, in that context, be the least of our worries.

And the thing with a stop being a node for it‘s lifetime, that does then not truly stand with it being a real thing. Because real things tend to change over time...

And if it doesn‘t and is just a pole in the field, than it would stay a „platform“-node for it‘s lifetime. Objective achieved.

KR
RobinD (emergency99)