[Talk-transit] "more then one platform in one location"

Sun May 19 08:30:10 UTC 2019

<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Public_Transport>

On 14-05-19 15:43, David Peek via Talk-transit wrote:
> I believe this is intended to mean that if a named location (which could
> be a railway station, bus station, metro station, tram stop or an
> interchange incorporating more than one mode of transport) has more than
> one place where one can board or alight from a transit vehicle, then
> they should all be included in a relation.
>
> For example, here is the relation for Manchester Piccadilly station
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/70904#map=18/53.47717/-2.22897>
> in England. Arguably it also ought to include the local bus stops as
> well as the train and tram platforms which it currently does.

Yeah, but there is also the "stop_area_group"
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:public_transport#public_transport.3Dstop_area_group>
which is undocumented but I think is meant to group together multiple
stop areas. How this is meant exactly I don't know, but I would imagine
that for the Picadilly station, there would be stop_areas for
- All the train tracks of the "Manchester Picadilly" rail station
- The stops for the metrolink tram stop
- Piccadilly Rail station bus stop
- Whitworth St/Minshull St South bus stop
- Fairfield St/Picadilly Station bus stops

and then a stop_area_group to group these all together.
Although I don't know if this was indeed the original meaning of the author.