[Talk-transit] Making bus lines more specific

Guilherme Braga Alves gbragaalves at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 00:08:03 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have mapped bus lines in Rio de Janeiro and I have found the need to
include some information that is not yet covered by the tags currently
available.

I mention two examples: routes operated only during peak hours and a
service, called "executive bus", in which intra-urban lines are operated by
vehicles of a type very similar to the couch bus.

Looking at the archives of this mailing list and the wiki I could find a
proposal for detailing public transport routes with tags that would
certainly be very useful in these cases (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Differentiation_for_routes_of_public_transport
).

I would like to know if it is possible to redeem this proposal and submit
it to the voting process so that, if approved, I can incorporate the new
tags into the bus lines here in Rio de Janeiro.

--
*Guilherme Braga Alves*
Bacharel em *Relações Internacionais* pela *UFRJ - Universidade Federal do