[Talk-transit] Making bus lines more specific

Robin Däneke robin at daeneke.at
Tue Apr 28 12:44:17 UTC 2020

Because the discussion of this thread already ran into the direction of changing different aspects about the tagging, I used it for the general discussion. If we refine the buses, it could go hand in hand with everything else. I’d be interested in which refinements would be needed there as part of my general suggestion. But in my current WIP-suggestion the „bus=yes,tram=yes“ should not be necesarry, only a route relation type for each mean of transport.

If I could get a list of types of buses, I could think about how to do this.
Idealy, we leave the „route=bus“ and then add another sub_tag group bus=* or bus_type=*. Then the generalized „bus" would still be valid but the specification would be available if needed...

Should I open a new thread for the general discussion?

KR
RobinD