[Talk-transit] Making bus lines more specific

Tue Apr 28 20:53:09 UTC 2020

Hello Robin,

I highly agree with you.
The main reason for PTv2 not having as widespread adoption as it could
have is that it is not rendered, that is to say, it is not rendered on
OSM_carto (Osmand's rendering of PTv2 is near-perfect).

However, we're stuck with a rendering "committee" that for years have
delayed the rendering of PTv2 based on not having the right
[rendering]datamodel, and now that we have that datamodel, they
basically say "I oppose the PTv2" and closed all pull requests asking
for it in may 2019.

See my comment on
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3232#issuecomment-491007730

Tijmen / IIVQ