[Talk-transit] bus=yes opinion

Robin Daeneke.at robin at daeneke.at
Sat Jul 11 08:31:43 UTC 2020

If the highway=bus_stop tag is also being used, it seems quite redundant to me. But I would be all for killing that old tag and only using the new p_t scheme (which sadly was proposed as additional instead of the new norm) and then it would be useful to have the mode=yes tags, as long as the platform is not assigned to at least one route relation. As soon as one eg. bus route contains the platform, the bus=yes is implied and hence redundant. But that would just be my view.

(The p_t scheme would need a new, forced version that fixes such required double taggings, but that is a topic for another time.)

KR
RobinD (emergency99)