[Talk-TW] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Automatic Map Plotting in OpenStreetMap

李昕迪 Lee, Sin-di mcdlee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:19:30 BST 2011

台灣有很多地方也有類似現象,例如台北市。
有 Bing 看 Bing 卻忘了無 Bing 強身

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephan Knauss <osm at stephans-server.de>
Date: 2011/8/14
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Automatic Map Plotting in OpenStreetMap
To: talk at openstreetmap.org

Hello Parveen,

On 14.08.2011 11:02, Parveen Arora wrote:

> Please see the my city map of jalandhar on the openstreetmap.org
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=31.2841&lon=75.5262&zoom=12&layers=M
> According to me there must be  some technique like Image Processing
> for doing this due to which it has been possible.

the magic thing is called Bing imagery.

In Potlatch as well as in Josm you can enable high resolution aerial
images in the background to trace the road geometry. Using this you
can map an area really quick.

Looks like this used did this a lot.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Oberaffe

Unfortunately the roads lack important things like street names.

If it is good to have such remote mapping or bad depends on how the
people "on the ground" react. Adding a whole street including geometry
is imho a lot more rewarding then just entering street names.

It people don't mind or even see it as a support then it's great.
Armchair mapping is not that different from data imports. Think of it
as a "geometry import".

Stephan

李昕迪 Lee, Sin-di | http://www.mcdlee.tw