[Talk-TW] Fwd: [OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap in schools

李昕迪 Lee, Sin-di mcdlee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 00:03:51 GMT 2011

看起來是國三或高一的年紀,不隻到我們有沒有類似的機會可以嘗試。

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sam Larsen <samlarsen1 at yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 2011/11/18
Subject: [OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap in schools
To: "talk at openstreetmap.org" <talk at openstreetmap.org>

Hi all,

I recently made a visit to a school as part of the Royal Geographic Society (UK)
Geography Ambassadors scheme where i spoke to kids (15/16 yr olds) about
geography in the real world.  We then had an OSM editing session which
was surprisingly
successful.  The kids were really interested in the concept of
'participation in real-world geography'.  I'm not trying to indoctrinate
youths into OSM, just showing them how easy it now is to participate in making
maps compared to when i was at school.  On the whole it was a very
positive experience with many valid edits made.

You can check out the session editing highlights and some lessons for newbie
editing in Potlatch2 here:
http://geoxchange.esriuk.com/journal/2011/11/17/the-next-geographers.html

Sam Larsen

李昕迪 Lee, Sin-di | http://www.mcdlee.tw