[Talk-TW] Taiwan Highway Shields rendering

Arne Goetje arne.goetje於gmail.com
Fri 4月 12 07:41:51 UTC 2013

Hi Louis,

On 04/12/2013 03:17 PM, Louis Liu wrote:
> How do you handle  the ref tags of provincial/national highway
> branches, like 1甲 and 1乙? "甲" should bellow "1" in the shield, but
> Mapnik just puts them in the same line when using the default
> settings. I have an ugly solution: Every branches have their own in
> style sheet and STATIC shield images. There only tens of provincial
> branches in Taiwan, so this method is possible. But this makes the
> style sheet file more difficult to maintenance.

1. Right now I just put them next to the highway number. I know that
they should be below the number, but I'm afraid it would be difficult
to distinguish on the map, since the font size must be considerably
smaller this way.
2. I think your ugly solution would still be the best, if we want
this. Just split the filter rules into a separate file and include it
into osm.xml.

> I started to fix some ref tag near Taichung and Kaohsiung. There
> are so many tags need to be fix.

Yes, I know... :(

> So I use the offline edit function of JOSM to massive modification
> in the following steps: 1. Install waydownloader plug-ins. 2.
> Download a small area that covers highway from server. 3. Use
> waydownloader to download connected highways. 4. Repeat step 3 to
> complete all way segments 5. Save the data as file. 6. Use your
> favorite editor to replace the tags. 7. Don't forget to add
> "action='modify'" to the way you've modified. 8. Open JOSM and open
> the file, then upload. The step 7 is important. Otherwise, JOSM
> won't know the way is modified ( and the changes won't be upload).
>
> But do you have any elegant solutions for these cases?

I do it similar.

Cheers
Arne