[Talk-TW] Working together in improving Taiwan roads

Rex Tsai rex.cc.tsai於gmail.com
Sat 9月 10 12:09:17 UTC 2016

 Hi,

Regarding the WMS maps and geodata offered by National Land Surveying
and Mapping Center (NLSC)[1], MOI, Taiwan government.

- There are 6 layers[2] are released under Taiwan Open Government Data
License 1.0[3], which is convertible to CC-BY 4.0.
- The major two layers in wms[2] are EMAP5_OPENDATA (with Contour line)
and EMAP6_OPENDATA (without Contour line), which has been added into
josm.
- We have listed NLSC on the contributor list[4].

The other WMS[5] from NLSC, including the General Map - Orthoimage[7]
are licensed under NLSC user license agreement[6]. Sorry, the license
clause[6] is only in Chinese and it's incompatible with ODbL nor OSM
Contributor Terms. We can not use the aerial imagery for tracing.

[1] National Land Surveying and Mapping Center. Republic of
China(Taiwan) - http://www.nlsc.gov.tw/En
[2] http://maps.nlsc.gov.tw/OpenData/wms
[3] Taiwan Open Government Data License 1.0 | Open Data platform -
http://data.gov.tw/node/18250
[4] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#National_Land_Surveying_and_Mapping_Center
[5] http://maps.nlsc.gov.tw/S_Maps/wms
[6] http://maps.nlsc.gov.tw/pro/use_clause.jsp
[7] General Map Orthoimage in WMS/WMTS 臺灣通用電子地圖正射影像 -
http://data.moi.gov.tw/moiod/Data/DataDetail.aspx?oid=D9E44C4B-A5CD-4E44-BBF7-0C208513FA8E

Cheers
-Rex