[Talk-ug] OSM in the Energy sector

Douglas Ssebaggala douglas at mappingday.com
Wed Sep 25 08:42:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

In Uganda, this week (23rd-27th September) has some activities to mark
the energy week by the Ministry of energy and mineral development.

Last year in July, the same ministry and other energy sector GIS
members organised a workshop where we gave a presentation about
mapping day Uganda and OSM.

http://mappingday.com/content/mapping-and-gis-energy-sector-workshop

3 months later (OCtober), the Energy Sector GIS Working Group got an
award for the best Map at a GIS conference in Naivasha, Kenya.

http://www.energyprogramme.or.ug/giz-uganda-gets-award-for-best-gis-map/

It's great to note that the winning map has OSM as a basemap!! as a
result from the workshop and the presentation we gave.

http://www.gis-uganda.de/Energy-GIS/

If anyone has other examples of how OSM has been used in the energy
sector, feel free to share, as we shall meet once again this year with
the Energy sector GIS Working group in the comming months.

--
Yours Truly

Coordinator (Mapping day Uganda) | Tel:+256-312-283937 / Mob: 0772-422524
Twitter: @mapuganda | http://www.mappingday.com | Skype: douglo.m

Keep In Touch