[Talk-ug] Using OSM Mapping to solve land conflicts in Rural Areas

Douglas Ssebaggala douglas at mappingday.com
Wed Sep 24 13:33:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

The (Google Android) ideos smartphones - which are no longer being
manufactured - have G.P.S functionality, we often use them to collect
waypoints and tracks for updating OpenStreetMap, and they have an
accuracy of 2 metres.

It was made clear to the locals that OSM as it is will not be the
ultimate solution to the Land wrangles, and we would not Survey thier
land to give them titles as Professional Land Surveyors, but

OSM and mapping can, and is hoped to give them the ability to know
thier community, environments, neighbours, plus the Mapping tools
helping to reduce wrangles; as they will be able to make thier own
digital maps, print, own, and use them for thier wishes and solving
such, and more issues.

--
Yours Truly

Project Coordinator (Mapping day Uganda) | Tel:+256-312-283937 / Mob:
0772-422524
Twitter: @mapuganda | http://www.mappingday.com | Skype: douglo.m

Keep In Touch