[Talk-ug] Major issues by HOTOSM project #9034

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 18:17:14 UTC 2020

Hello all,

Small justification.

With some international help we didn't revert all the work Okwii has
done.  We just managed to restore the border, Lake Victoria and Sigulu
Island.
Credits for restoring go to:
- "rab" for Lake Victoria on HOTOSM project 9034, changeset 87807963
- "SomeoneElse" for Tanzania and Uganda on HOTOSM project 9013,
changeset 87451050

All other changes from Okwii (mostly building additions and edits) are
still there. We did not revert them and they can be validated.

After some training, especially focused on major map items like large
relations, you should continue mapping. We are there to help and improve
the map.  I am sure it was an unfortunate mistake by a new but
enthusiastic mapper.  Just avoid these kind of mistakes which are
noticed by the whole community because the area is very active at this
time with all the COVID projects.

In case of any doubts please don't upload just ask for help on OSM,
talkug or mail me direct.

Currently I am editing Lake Victoria to delete some unnecessary
boundary=administrative tagging.

Greetings to all,

Bert Araali

On 10/07/2020 20:11, Ngumenawe Samson wrote:
> This project has been faced by major issues with changesets from the
> OSM user Okwii <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Okwii> where he
> deleted Uganda-Tanzania Border as well as Lake Victoria. I immediately
> suspended the mapping on that project but however, incredible efforts
> have been put up by  Bert -Araali- Van
> Opstal @bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
> <mailto:bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com> and the edits were reverted.
>
> Samson Ngumenawe.
> Mobile:  +256 775916039.

Ing. Bert Van Opstal Mobile: +256 782 304106 Email:
bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com