[Talk-ug] Unite Maps - AOI in Uganda

Michael Montani michael.montani at un.org
Tue Jul 27 09:03:50 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I write this mail to inform the OSM Uganda community that a peacekeeping mission we are supporting through our Unite Maps program, MONUSCO, working in DRC, is actually requiring us to edit one border area in Uganda.

The area is approximately the Northernmost part of Ntoroko region. We will be editing the main topographic features (villages, road and river network, landuse and landcover).

This mail is to notify organised editing activity in your country. It would be fantastic to collaborate, also considering the training we had previously with OSM Uganda related to landcover and landuse mapping. If you want to have more information, please reply to this mail or send a mail to un.mappers at un.org

Thank you, have a nice day!
Michael Montani & UN Mappers team