[Talk-us-maine] Importing building with MapWithAI test

Alex Hennings blackboxlogic at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 13:58:28 UTC 2020

Smock, are you a developer behind MapWithAI?

Regarding: "The conflation service _should_ only be returning buildings
that do not exist in OSM"
Many of the addresses imported in Maine arrived as building nodes. I hope
the plugin turns those into building polygons?

What geometry does the plugin use to decide to absorb a point or not? Is it
only if the point is INSIDE the building polygon? Does it handle
multi-polygons?
What if multiple points fall inside the building? What if they don't have
any conflicting tags?
Do the tags on a node effect if it is absorbed into a building (like
skipping nodes with fixme=*, or gnis:reviewed=no which I strongly
recommend)?
Ouch, that source tag <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:source>. Why
is that a property of the building
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/813605828>?

These are some of the problems I tried to solve during the address import,
so I'm very curious how others approached them.