[Talk-us-nps] Intro / Chimani

Kerry Gallivan kerry at chimani.com
Fri Jun 14 12:58:08 UTC 2013

Greetings all,

I didn't get a chance to attend the SOTM last week however I just received a heads-up regarding this list and thought I throw out a quick intro.

I am the co-founder of Chimani. We've been developing mobile apps for National Parks since 2010 with the launch of our first app for Acadia National Park. We had be using a custom GIS workflow to produce our own maps for the apps (all designed to work offline). As of January 2013 we switched all our maps over to OSM-sourced maps with a custom implementation using Lars Ahlzen's TopOSM codebase and our own rendering workflow. Leading up to the switch, I was spending a lot of time cleaning up the OSM data for the parks in which have apps for (top fourteen most visited parks).

Thanks Clifford for getting this conversation started. Also thanks to the NPSMap Team for taking a lead within NPS on working with OSM.

Let's get this (mapping) party started....

Cheers,
Kerry

Kerry Gallivan
CEO/Co-Founder, Chimani