[Talk-us] What is the Chicago area TIGER import status?

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 06:03:25 BST 2008

Back in December and January there seemed to have been some discussion about
importing TIGER data for Cook County, IL.  Dave wanted to hold off importing
because there had been some work done in Chicago and he didn't want to
overwrite anyone's work without letting them know[1].  When the mappers were
asked about uploading the TIGER data, only a few of them responded.  Those
who did said it would be a good idea[2] (and I personally agree).  Many
months have passed and it looks like people are continuing to map the
Chicago area.  Should we push foreword with the import so people can map
more effectively?

[1]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-us/2007-December/000011.html
[2]