[Talk-us] US Hydrographic Data

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 23:15:06 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Adam Schreiber <sadam at clemson.edu> wrote:
>  I guess I misunderstood your email back in January.  I thought you had
>  written something that processed their data format into something
>  ready to import into OSM?

You understood correctly. The data is available as shapefiles and the
script can help convert those shapefiles into OSM format with the
proper tags. You still have to manually download the data and convert
it - so I personally don't have the whole US as OSM files lying around
unfortunately; just a few select river basins.

Feel free to try it out and let me know how it works. The script is
available at http://perrygeo.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/gis-bin/nhd_to_osm.py

- matt

--
Matthew T. Perry