[Talk-us] Changes to TIGER data

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue Aug 12 03:35:10 BST 2008

Nathan West wrote:
> So the final question is: If there are fairly large outdated data sets that
> may be off in location, is it easiest to just delete the old way and create
> a new route? (I can get the actual route easily)

I've actually run into exactly the same situation, and that's what I did.

It may be *easier* however, to get the actual route, compare it to the
"railroad" way, and modify tags accordingly.  For my case, the railroad
actually does exist on part of the route, and the trail goes alongside
for that portion.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"