[Talk-us] using city data?

Alan Brown adbrown1967 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 23:27:25 BST 2008

I asked some one in the city of San Jose about the availability of data, describing open street map.  They were willing to provide the data freely (which, presumably, would be far superior to any other source available for many attributes) - but they gave me some documents to sign as well.   I think the documents have to do with liability.  I was largely thinking of using it as a reference, manually entering details.  I don't want to put *anything* into open street map that would violate copyrights; however, I don't think that's an issue in this case.  Can someone enlighten me on what's legal?   I can make the documents available.

-Alan