[Talk-us] US National Hydrography Dataset

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 21:33:02 GMT 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 1:26 PM, Adam Schreiber <sadam at clemson.edu> wrote:
> On 1/27/08, Bone Killian <vitki at bonius.com> wrote:
> > Matthew Perry wrote:
> > > So my question's are:
> > > Would anyone be interested in some sort of mass upload of hydrography
> > > data (to follow on the success of the TIGER import!) ?
> > >
> > It seems like a good idea to me.
>
> The hydrography data includes lakes streams and rivers?
>
> Should this wait until we get the coastline import straightened out?

The NHD dataset does include coastlines but I've specifically dropped
them from the conversion for this reason. The worst that will happen
is that a river will not appear to make it all the way to the coast or
will extend out past the coast by a small amount. Easily fixable by
hand.

--
Matthew T. Perry
http://www.perrygeo.net