[Talk-us] Should I realign TIGER data to Yahoo areal imagery?

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Thu Jul 3 17:40:46 BST 2008

SteveC wrote:
> short answer - YES :-)

Slightly longer answer: Yes, but be careful.  In many places the Yahoo
aerial imagery is offset from real life by some amount (I've heard 30
meters up to 1km in some cases).  So if an area looks totally different
from what's on the ground, correcting to match Yahoo! is OK.   But if
it's just shifted in one direction, then don't correct it without first
verifying with a GPS track that the Yahoo! imagery is correct.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"