[Talk-us] Problems with Tiger railroad data

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Jun 3 18:06:31 BST 2008

Alex Mauer writes:
 > Probably not.  Railroad tends to be very hard to see from aerial
 > photography, and TIGER railroad data has been very good, in my
 > experience much better than the regular road data.

Not in New York.

 > I think we should leave merging of parallel tracks up to the renderer,
 > rather than removing them from the data.  IMO the data should reflect
 > what's on the ground.

Sometimes you have parallel tracks owned by different railroads
running through the same right-of-way.  Those should definitely not be
merged.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software