[Talk-us] US Hydrographic Data

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Thu May 1 18:10:30 BST 2008

I e-mailed the folks at the NHD about obtaining all the data for the US in
one chunk. They responded:

--------------

We offer full national coverage of the NHD database on DVD. This includes
all medium resolution, and available high resolution NHD.  This
is a April 2008 snapshot of the database. We have two versions of national
exports, SDE 9.1, or shapefiles.

ArcSDE 9.1 Exports:  8.6 GB on 2 DVDs, requiring 20 GB of space when
unzipped
Shapefiles:  17 GB on 5 DVDs, requiring 42 GB of space when unzipped and
untarred

I will ask them to send the DVDs and post the data online if we are
interested in uploading it as a dataset.