[Talk-us] US Hydrographic Data

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Thu May 1 20:13:02 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 13:54 -0500, Ian Dees wrote:
> I should be receiving the DVDs tomorrow or Saturday. Dave, what were
> your experiences importing the TIGER data? How should we proceed
> importing this data?

So, step one is to post some of the data in .osm format, or maybe even
upload a wee bit of it so people can review it.

Then give people a bit of time to look at it and ensure that they think
it is tagged properly and up to OSM standards.

Once you're ready for the bulk upload, copy the data up to
dev.openstreetmap.org and run the upload from there.  In my experience,
it is ~20x faster from dev than doing it from anywhere else.  I'd be
happy to perform this part if no one else has a dev account.

-- Dave