[Talk-us] US Hydrographic Data

Adam Schreiber sadam at clemson.edu
Fri May 2 20:38:05 BST 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:
> The NHD viewer (http://nhdgeo.usgs.gov/viewer.htm) shows areas for rivers
> that are "big enough" (I see areas for the Mississippi, for example).
>
> I haven't tried converting an area that has such a river yet, but I'll bet
> the script handles it.

In my sub-basin, 03060101, there's a section of the Seneca River
that's at least 50-100 m that's shown as a linear feature.  I'll
attach a screenshot with the NHD data in white, the landsat image and
the TIGER data in grey.  I've also noticed that at least two lakes in
the sub-basin are missing names.  I don't have an appropriate
application installed to view the shape file directly to see if they
are included there.

Cheers,

Adam